What You'll do in this tour
Welcome to Venice, a magical city of romance infused with the history of silk, spices and commerce. The “Serenissima”, or serene one, is comprised of 118 little islands with more than 150 canals and over 400 bridges connecting them. Venice is truly one of the most unique cities in the world.
Our tour will enable you to understand and appreciate the incredible way that this city was built and how it has developed over time. You will be enchanted by the sounds of life without cars or scooters and charmed by the streets that narrow to the width of one person or expand to the size of a normal street. All of this is a new way to experience life as you zigzag between a dizzying set of secret alleys, passageways and beautiful “campi” or squares. History, music and literature lovers will welcome walking in the footsteps of Marco Polo, Vivaldi and Casanova and those with a passion for art will not be disappointed by the access to works by Titian, Tintoretto and Canaletto.
During your time with our guide you will visit the recently restored St. Mark’s Basilica, take in the beautiful St. Mark’s Square and visit the Rialto Bridge and the Doge’s Palace. As we discover the nooks and crannies of the city we also make time to enjoy a gelato and a possible ride on a “traghetto”. Don’t miss the opportunity to take home a few Venetian memories, be it a piece of authentic Murano glass or lace from Burano, a Carnival mask, handmade paper or one of the custom lithographs of the city sites.
If your tour is in the morning, at the end of your tour, our walking guide will be happy to suggest a few options for lunch if you like. Perhaps some Adriatic seafood specialties such as a delicious “risotto” with famed Italian Arborio rice grown in the Veneto, the region around Venice is on the menu. Or, if you prefer something lighter, our guide can take you to one of the hidden, local spots for a glass of prosecco and a few “cichetti”, traditional Venetian finger food.
Additional Information To Note:
- We can arrange this tour to start in the morning or afternoon. Be sure to let us know so that we can arrange your day appropriately.
- Please note that St. Mark’s Basilica is closed on Sundays except between 2-4 PM
- This tour is not suggested for people with issues walking, climbing stairs or who have other disabilities that require walkers or wheelchairs. Please let us know if this is the case for other options.
- Please wear sensible walking shoes for this tour and consider that flooding sometimes occurs throughout the city.
- We have set a meeting point for this tour to make the best use of your time with the guide. A meeting point will be required if your hotel is not centrally located but if you prefer a hotel meeting point for your centrally located hotel, just let us know and we are happy to send the guide to your hotel lobby.
- If not in walking distance, your hotel should be able to help you find a water taxi to make your way to the meeting point to start your tour and your walking guide will be happy to help you arrange for a water taxi after the tour if needed.
- Admission tickets, lunches, water taxis and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour.
- Please note that ferries, tenders, water taxis, and gondolas are not included in the cost of the tour and will vary depending on your interests.
- If you would like an option to include a gondola at the end of your tour, please let us know and we will be happy to get you pricing for that service.
St. Mark's Square Museum Ticket Information:
- A reservation for admission tickets is not required. You will pay upon entry, skipping the lines with our guide.
- Admission ticket includes one entry each to the Doge’s Palace, Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- Admission Prices:
- 17.00 Euros per adult 15+
- 10.00 Euros per youth 6-14
- Free for kids 0-5
- The cost of tickets is not included in the cost of the tour.
- Please be prepared to show proof of age for children on the tour that are 14 and under in the form of an official photo ID (or photocopy) such as a passport, student ID or driver`s license.