What You'll do in this tour
Want a great introduction to Rome? Let Miles&Miles assist you in creating an unforgettable and stress-free journey!
Our History & Fun 5 hour tour is a driver guided tour to cover the major highlights of Rome. The tours are led by expert English speaking driver guides who will help to create a personalized experience while taking into account your specific interests.
We suggest this tour on one of your first full days in Rome to get a great introduction that will carry forward to the rest of your vacation.
Our tours will allow you to be able to catch a glimpse of daily Roman life hidden behind ivy-clad corners, open-air markets, and underground passageways long forgotten through the centuries. This incredible day enables you to tour the city with a native Roman tour escort showing you the real face of the city they are so passionate about.
The tours are available in English or Italian, and are delivered with an insight and style that keeps our tours entertaining, fun, and informative.
To begin, you will be picked up at your hotel lobby in a clean, comfortable, air-conditioned van by our experienced driver guide. In the spirit of “when in Rome, do as the Romans do”, we will take a morning coffee break for the best cappuccino in Rome at the famous Saint Eustachio Bar, hidden just behind the Pantheon.
You will explore a number of amazing sites and will have the ability to get out of the van for pictures or to take a closer look. This will not be a drive-by tour but rather go at your pace, fun and informative both historically and culturally, tour based on your interests.
The tour ends with a final "Arrivederci" at your hotel or if you prefer we can drop you off at a restaurant for lunch with some tasty local wine and homemade Ravioli by Nonna Mimma.
Choose this tour when you want and introduction to the City of Rome. With our driver guides you will have advanced access to skip the lines. In case you would like to plan to visit Ancient Rome on a walking tour with us, please just request our alternate sites itinerary for your driver guided tour so as not to create overlap in the sites you will visit.
Additional information to note
- Admission tickets, lunches and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour.
- Please be prepared to show proof of age for children on the tour that are 17 and under whom qualify for the reduced fare ticket. Valid ID must be in the form of an official photo ID (or photocopy) such as a passport, student ID or driver`s license.
- Please note it is prohibited to bring backpacks, camping or other bulky bags or luggage / trollies. You are allowed to enter with medium and small size backpacks carried on a shoulder which must be checked by metal detectors and or opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection.
- Colosseo admittance is not available on the first Sunday of any month due to the fact that this is a free day and tickets cannot be arranged in advance and the lines would be to long.
Colosseum Ticket Information: (If you chose to enter during your driver guided tour)
- Miles&Miles will pre purchase your Colosseum tickets with our own account and not yours so that you can skip the line but, PLEASE keep in mind that there is a security line that you must still go through to insure the safety of all and this cannot be skipped. Please be advised that you will still have to wait through the security line and this is not avoidable nor is it in our control. Length of wait has been varying based on the day of the week and how many security screening lines they have opened up.
- Admission ticket includes one entry each site with an inside visit to the Colosseum though you will enter unguided since this will be during the driver guided portion of your day. The driver guide will give you the full history of these sites before helping you to skip the line and enter and time to explore the inside on your own.
- In case you would like to visit the Forum or Palatino on foot on the next day your can use your ticket to enter the Roman Forum and Palatine hill within a 24 hour period.
- Tickets and based on party size headsets when required will be reimbursed to the guide when paying for the tour.
- Headsets may be required at the Colosseum if your party size is more than 10 people or for particularly busy days. They are generally 1.50E per person
- Admission Prices:
- 17.00 Euros per adult 18+
- 5.00 Euros per youth 0-17