What You'll do in this tour
Michelangelo, Donatello, Giotto, Dante, Boccaccio are just some of the many famous people to come from or live in the city of Florence. Called the Athens of the Middles Ages, Florence was founded by Julius Caeser in 59 B.C. This type of tour is perfect for people who want to get an overview of the history and art and experience the flavor of Florence on foot but then relax and enjoy the countryside surrounding Florence in the afternoon.
You will start out on foot at 9am from the lobby of your centrally located hotel with our walking guide for a fantastic 3-hour tour of the city highlights including a stop to see Michelangelo's David at the Accademia. If you have never been to Florence before this is a great way to experience the major historical and artistic sites of the city. Our tour focuses on some of the most important artistic masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s David, the Cathedral and Dome of Brunelleschi, the beautiful Signoria Square, the Ponte Vecchio and the leather market. An ethereal visit to the Santa Croce church will allow you to see the tombs of some of the most illustrious citizens of Florence such as Michelangelo Buonarroti, Niccolo Macchiavelli, Galileo Galilei, Donatello and Giotto. We can break up the touring with a quick coffee or gelato break if you like. Time will not be sufficient to tour inside of the Uffizi Gallery unless you only visit that particular museum with the guide and not the city sites or Accademia. Please let us know if your primary intention is to see the Uffizi.
By noon we will arrange for our driver guide to pick you up and head for the picturesque landscape of the Chianti region. Here you have the chance to explore the surrounding area of Florence in a comfortable late model air-conditioned van. Depending on your tastes and budget your driver guide will take you to the best-hidden, local establishments for a typical lunch or you may choose to have a light lunch paired with a wine and olive oil tasting. We will also arrange a private tour of the wine cellar just for you. After a nice lunch your driver guide will be happy to take you to explore a quaint village and stop at an amazing butcher shop to sample some of the local salami`s and cheeses. You will be back at your hotel by 5 pm.
Length of the tour is 8 hours and this type of tour includes a walking guide in the morning (leave your hotel or meeting point on foot) and a van with driver guide in the afternoon. Your driver guide will drop you off at your hotel following the tour.
Additional Information for Wine tasting & luncheon option at Vineyard:
- Lunch (Antipasto, first course, main course, dessert, wine/water) + Wine tasting of 4/5 wines - 40.00 Euros per person
- Wine tasting of 3 wines + snacks - 15.00 Euros per person
- Wine tasting of 3 wines - 10.00 Euros per person
- Available on Monday-Saturday with similar option on Sundays.
*Each price listed above also includes the tour of the wine cellar with history of the local vineyard being visited. Prices are subject to slight changes as they are separate from Miles&Miles
Additional Information to Note:
- This tour starts from your centrally located Florence area hotel or alternate meeting point if located out of the center (In front of Hotel Savoy at Piazza della Repubblica, 7, 50123 Firenze). If you will be arriving by train and without luggage, we can also arrange to meet you at your arrival train platform into SMN station.
- We may opt to reverse the order of this day.
- Maximum capacity of up to 7 people in your immediate group. 8 people may be possible with advance notice. Please ask for pricing.
- Approximate tour time is 8 hours and additional time can be added at an hourly rate. Please talk to your driver guide to be sure that it is possible and ask us for pricing.
- Because you have chosen the option that includes a walking tour it will be assumed that you will want to see the David at the Accademia and so we will automatically make a reservation for you.
- Please note that the museums are closed on Mondays and the Duomo is closed for the early part of the day on Sunday.
- Headsets, admission fees, lunches, wine tastings, and gratuities are not included in the price of the tour.
- Please let us know in advance how many would like the optional wine tasting at a cost of approximately 10 euros per person. Include a tasting of olive oil, bread and salami for 15 euros per person.
- Please note it is prohibited to bring backpacks, camping or other bulky bags or luggage / trollies into some museums. You are allowed to enter with medium and small size backpacks carried on a shoulder which must be checked by metal detectors and/or opened and visually inspected before entering.
Accademia Ticket Information:
- Miles&Miles will make a reservation for your tickets and they are to be paid upon entry.
- You will skip the general admission lines with this reservation, but you will still need to go through security upon entry and this cannot be skipped by anyone, for any reason. No
- Admission Prices:
- 16.50 Euros per adult 18+ (includes reservation fee)
- 4.00 Euros per youth 6-17 (only pay the reservation fee)
- Children 0-5 are free (reservation not needed, but we do ask that you let us know if there is anyone 5 and under)
- The cost of tickets is not included in the cost of the tour.
- The reservation fee of 4.00 Euros is non-refundable even if you do not enter the Accademia.